Lens, Spherical, Unmounted, Bi-Concave, 38 mm x 500 mm
This lens is made of polished glass and has ground edges. The bi-concave lens is used for spreading out or reducing light; it has two inward-curving, symmetrical faces.
• 38 mm Dia. x 500 mm focal length
This plotting compass has direction indicated. It has a liquid-filled plastic body with a black base and contrasting markings for clear visibility. It is useful for magnetic demonstrations.
• Stable needle. Size: 1.38″ (35 mm) Dia.
• Sold in a pack of 12
This quality desktop Stirling Engine uses an external heat source to create a temperature difference producing power. The well-built external combustion engine model features a safely secured fuel source in a recessed well on a finished wooden base. Run the engine repeatedly with wonderful results. Students observe firsthand the conversion of heat into mechanical and electrical energy – thermodynamics: heat to power! Alcohol is not included.
• Comes with a Teacher’s Guide and reproducible Student Handout
• Spare cylinders (1 each)
• Crankshaft pin
• Cylinder O-ring
• Allen wrenches for removing damaged cylinders
• 7″ L x 3.5″ W x 3.5″ H
This Energy Ball now has upgraded electronics, and a pull tab to preserve battery life. It is a great way to demonstrate for kids how to conduct electricity in a circuit. The ball contains 2 small metal electrodes that, when touched simultaneously, cause it to light up.
• Comes with a Teacher’s Guide
• No other energy ball on the market with these upgraded features
• Retail-ready blister packaging
Digital Instant Read Thermometer, Celsius/Fahrenheit (Long Stem)
This digital instant read thermometer is perfect for lab use. The stainless steel probe is resistant to most laboratory chemicals. Switch between Fahrenheit and Celsius with the push of a button. Range is -50°C to 300°C.
• On/Off switch preserves battery life when not in use
• Requires 1 x 1.5 V button battery (included)
• CE Certification
Use these tongs for handling or manipulating hot crucibles and similar apparatuses. They provide a safe way of moving containers that are too hot to touch. The tongs are an indispensable tool for many chemistry labs.
• Corrugated tips for easy handling
• Riveted joint
• Finger openings are large enough for firm grip
• Made of Plated Steel
• 6″ (150 mm) L